Andrea Williams - City Clerk
Phone: (870) 239-7500
Fax: (870) 239-7509
Address: P.O. Box 1175 Paragould, AR 72451-1175
The office of the City Clerk is an elected position with duties decided by the Arkansas State Constitution which are determined by legislative acts of the Arkansas General Assembly.
City Clerks of cities having the mayor – council form of government, are elected for a four-year term.
Duties of the City Clerk that are dictated by state laws:
- Keep a record of all laws and ordinances of the city
- Keep regular and correct journals of the proceeding of the City Council
- Submit quarterly, a full report and detailed statement of the financial condition of the city (the report should show receipts, disbursements, and a balance on hand, together with all liabilities of the City
- Record city codes and ordinances
- Provide staff support for the City Council agenda process
- The city clerk is the contact between the citizens and the government, and the establishment of a clear and lasting record of the governing body’s action